Saturday, October 31, 2009

Helloween Hoedown
















The Halloween Hoedown was a Hit! Although... me thinks the band does the "Monster Mash" a little too well. A frightening good night was had by all, and I think everyone could have danced until the cow went home. Well..., it ain't a "hoedown" unless there's some livestock!

It was a bit mooooving (sorry) how the devotion covered where we go if we do not repent and turn from our sin. It was actually quite weird how the timing worked out to place it right before Halloween as we covered Hades, and death due to sin. (God did that, I have no plan.)

As I was with Jolly-Rancher Jeff presenting the information from God's Word, in my best bovine camouflage I might add, and answering our questions about the price of sin; I realized some fascinating info that we then discussed at that moment on stage. Death and Hades get thrown into the lake of fire near the end of everything! Man-o-man... how bad must the lake of fire be if death and hell get put there? I didn't recognize this before the devotion, and was surprised that God chose to reveal this at that time, and then said to tell everyone while we were in the middle of our pretty serious "Fire-and-Brimstone" teaching.

Oh well..., that's why the shoes are off. When we read God's word to our group we are on "holy ground." We must trust Him always and treat our position as such. I trust Him to plan and time and tell more than I trust myself. His timing is often-times perfect..., always perfect!

Speaking of timing, I hope He danced with us while He was there...I'm sure He did. How could He not when the Band was so kickin'!?!? Other than seeing God smile at somethings we do, I'd love to see Him dance. I bet He moves like smoke and His band is probably kickin' too! That is one Hoedown I'm looking forward too.

No comments:

Post a Comment